Keeping Your Apartment Kitchen Organized During the Holidays
The holiday season is a time for laughter, joy, and sharing delicious meals with your family and friends. However, for those living in a small apartment with limited kitchen space, the prospect of preparing an elaborate holiday dish can be daunting. Thankfully, you can easily prepare delicious holiday meals with the right strategies, creativity, and organization.
Storage of America has some tips for organizing your small apartment kitchen during the holidays and beyond. We offer home organization tips to help you during the holidays and the rest of the year.
Apartment Kitchen Organization Ideas for Holiday Cooking
Apartment kitchen organization can feel overwhelming when you don’t have a plan. Fortunately, there are many creative ideas you can utilize to get the most out of your kitchen so you can bake delicious treats and comforting meals.
Maximize Vertical Space
When you have a small space to work with, make sure you maximize vertical space by installing wall-mounted shelves or organizers to organize kitchen items. Examples of kitchen items you could put in wall organizers include spices, pots and pans, or cooking utensils.
Another way to use vertical space is by purchasing a ceiling rack. With a ceiling rack, you can hang pots and pans to use your cupboards for other kitchen items. These racks also allow you to display brightly colored or copper pots and pans, which can add more color to your kitchen.
Keep Countertops As Clear As Possible
When you have a cluttered countertop, it can hinder the amount of cooking you can do in your kitchen. Keeping your counters as clear as possible can help to free the space you need to prepare a meal. Countertop organization ideas to clear your counters include:
- Using a rolling cart. A small rolling cart with shelves can easily move around your kitchen where you need it. You can keep commonly used items you would typically reach for on the cart.
- Incorporating a magnetic knife strip. Instead of taking up counter space, install a magnetic knife strip on the wall. You can easily retrieve the knife you need without taking up any space.
These ideas not only save you counter space while you’re cooking for the holidays, but they can also help you keep a more organized kitchen year-round.
Declutter Your Kitchen Before the Holidays
If you know you’ll need to prepare many meals during the holidays, take some time to declutter your kitchen. Go through your cabinets and drawers and remove anything you don’t need. With a small kitchen, space is valuable. Don’t overcrowd your space with items you’ll never use.
Store Excess Items You Won’t Use
Even if you have the most efficient kitchen organization plan, sometimes you just need more space. Store some belongings you don’t frequently use in a storage unit during the holiday season. Examples of items you could store so you can prepare to cook and bake for the holidays include:
- Large home decor items
- Large cookware items, like stock pots
- Kitchen appliances that take up counter space
Anything around your kitchen area that takes up space but you’re not ready to part with is a great choice to bring to a storage unit.
Rent Residential Storage With Storage of America
At Storage of America, we provide reliable, high-quality storage services. We offer a wide selection of storage unit sizes. Whether you need a small or large space, you can determine the storage unit size you need by looking at our size guide.
Our storage locations offer 24/7 video surveillance to help keep your belongings protected. In addition, we offer fully fenced storage facilities with gated access so you can enjoy peace of mind while storing your belongings.
Other features we offer include:
- Climate-controlled storage units: With climate-controlled units, you can store anything without the worry that it’ll get damaged due to heat, cold, or humidity. You can also stay at a comfortable temperature when you move in and out of your unit.
- Drive-up units: Drive-up units make checking in on your items convenient. If you need to retrieve something, you can do it quickly and conveniently by choosing the drive-up unit option.
- Loading docks with covers: With covered loading docks, you won’t have to worry about the weather on the day you move in and out of your unit. Your items will stay safe from rain or snow.
To learn more about our storage units, contact us online or call. Our team at Storage of America will be ready to assist you in finding the perfect storage unit to help you organize your kitchen before the holidays.